Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tasty Tuesday – Football Edition: Touchdown Deviled Eggs

To continue with the tradition of football season, I’m going to using the rest of this month to showcase some recipes that will be perfect for your next tailgate! 

This next recipe is from Southern Living (click on picture to go to site) and I can’t wait to make these (Note:  this is the recipe that went with the picture, but I’m sure you can add the chives to your favorite deviled egg recipe)!

image

Yield

Makes 10 to 12 servings

Ingredients

  • 1  dozen hard-cooked eggs, peeled
  • 1/2  cup  mayonnaise
  • 3  tablespoons  mango chutney
  • 1/8  teaspoon  ground red pepper
  • Kosher salt to taste
  • Garnish: sliced fresh chives

Preparation

Cut eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks; stir in mayonnaise, chutney, and red pepper until blended. Spoon yolk mixture evenly into egg white halves. Sprinkle evenly with desired amount of salt. Garnish, if desired. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails