Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween Countdown (20): Meals in Disguise

I know everyone is not a huge fan of Rachael Ray, but I absolutely love her.  It might have something to do with the fact that everyone tells me I remind them of her or vice versa, so maybe I’m a little partial ;)
Anyway, I have been getting her Everyday magazine for a couple of years now and when I ran back across this spread (and then saw it again on Hostess with the Mostess) I knew I had to share!
These are so great!! If I was a guest, I would be completely fooled!  Can you guess what these meals are? (Scroll down to the bottom for the answers…you may be surprised!)  Ready?  Here we go!
44925_155 0908-RR-DI03.01 0908-RR-DI01.01 44878_155 44915_155 44916_155 
I know what you’re thinking, but you’re probably wrong (or at least I was ;))  Here are the answers (which are linked to the recipes):
1.)  The yummy looking pizza is actually a Strawberry Jam Tart.
2.)  These ricotta waffles with red hot jam would make a great appetizer.
3.)  This ham and tomato pie is not for dessert :)
4.)  You can have these meatloaf and whipped potato cupcakes for dinner!
5.)  French toast for dessert?  You can have it if you make it into an ice cream sandwich :)
6.)  While we’re on dessert, try these yummy fudge sliders!
I was completely amazed with how realistic these looked!  I’d definitely love to include this on my Halloween menu!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails